Indications of Gan Cao Extract Granules
Fatigue, lack of strength
Palpitations, shortness of breath
Cough and profuse sputum
Painful spasm in the stomach duct, abdomen and limbs
Swelling abscess, sore
Reducing the other drugs toxin and drastic action.
Effects of Gan Cao
Invigorating qi and invigorating the middle, moistening the lungs and relieving cough, clearing heat and detoxification, relieving spasms and relieving pain, and harmonizing the properties of medicines. It belongs to the qi invigorating medicine classified under the tonic medicine.
Adverse reactions of taking Gan Cao
1. Symptoms such as water and sodium retention, edema, high blood pressure, weakness of limbs, spastic numbness, and hypokalemia occur when Gan Cao is poisoned after taking a large amount or taking a small amount for a long time.
2. The main preventive measures are to avoid taking a large amount or long-term medication. If a large amount of medicine must be taken for a long time, in order to prevent or alleviate side effects such as sodium stagnation, potassium excretion, and edema, an appropriate amount of diuresis, Poria cocos and other diuretics can be added. And eat a low-salt diet. If adverse reactions such as edema and high blood pressure occur during the period of taking, the dosage should be reduced immediately or stopped gradually. In case of poisoning, generally no treatment is required, and the patient can recover on its own after stopping the drug, or take measures such as low-sugar, low-salt, high-protein diet and additional potassium chloride, and other measures can be symptomatic treatment.
Contraindications of Gan Cao
1. Incompatibility of traditional Chinese medicine:
(1) Gan Cao against seaweed, euphorbia, kansui, genkwa.
(2) Evil polygala; not suitable for use with velvet antler.
2. Incompatibility of Chinese and Western medicines:
(1) It should not be used in combination with alkaloids such as quinine, atropine, ephedrine hydrochloride, etc., which can produce precipitation and reduce the absorption of drugs.
(2) It is not suitable to be used in combination with cardiac glycosides, which may cause cardiac glycoside poisoning.
(3) It should not be used with potassium-excreting diuretics, which can lead to hypokalemia.
(4) The corticosteroid-like effect of Gan Cao can antagonize the effect of hypoglycemic drugs, so it should not be used together.
(5) It should not be used with aspirin and sodium salicylate to induce or aggravate peptic ulcer.
(6) It should not be used in combination with adrenal cortex hormones, as it will aggravate the side effects of hormones.
(7) Gan Cao contains glycyrrhetinic acid, which is easy to react with the antihypertensive drug reserpine and reduce the efficacy of the drug.
(8) Gan Cao has an antagonistic effect on chloral hydrate and physostigmine, and should not be used together; Gan Cao has a glucocorticoid-like effect that can cause a decrease in blood potassium, and combined use with thiazide diuretics will aggravate hypokalemia and paralysis danger.
(9) It can inhibit the activity of trypsin and reduce the digestion of protein by trypsin, so it should not be used together.
3. Dietary taboos: avoid pork, cabbage, sea vegetables; reverse puffer fish.
Precautions for Gan Cao
1. Gancao is sweet in taste, can help dampness and qi, and make people full. Therefore, people with excessive dampness, fullness of chest and abdomen, and vomiting should not take it.
2. Taking this product in large quantities for a long time may cause adverse reactions such as edema, increased blood pressure, sodium retention, decreased blood potassium, weakness of limbs, spasm and numbness, dizziness, headache, etc. Therefore, it is not suitable to take a large amount of this product.
3. It should be used with caution in patients with various edema, kidney disease, high blood pressure, hypokalemia, and congestive heart failure.
Pharmacological effects of Gan Cao
1. Adrenal cortex hormone-like action
2. Anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, anti-allergic, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-viral
3. Promote the secretion of pancreatic juice, inhibit the isolated intestine, and regulate immune function
4. Antitussive and expectorant
5. Anti-mutation, detoxification, anti-oxidation
6. Protect ear vestibular function
7. Diuretic, liver protection
8. Prevent arteriosclerosis, anti-cerebral ischemia, prevent diabetes complications, etc.
Storage of Gan Cao Extract Granules
Store in a cool & dry place.
How to use gan cao extract granules
Oral, or as directed by your health care professionals.
Gan Cao Extract Granules Supplier and Manufacturer – Tianjiang
Jiangyin Tianjiang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of China Traditional Chinese Medicine Holdings Co., Ltd. which is under the China National Pharmaceutical Group Corporation (“Sino Pharm”).
Founded in 1992, Tianjiang is a herbal extract granules supplier and a pioneer in the related fields of scientific research, industrialization and marketing. Tianjiang was the first herbal extract granules manufacturer to receive China’s Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification for pharmaceutical products. Since then, Tianjiang has developed 30 patents on the extraction, granulation, and packaging of herbal extract granules.
If you are looking for gan cao extract granules supplier and want to order gan cao extract granules wholesale, welcome to contact us.
Related Products of Gan Cao Extract Granules
Gou Qi Zi - Barbary Wolfberry Fruit
Da Zao - Chinese Date
Chen Pi - Dried Tangerine Peel
All Tianjiang Pharmaceutical single herbal gan cao extract granules are tested for heavy metals, pesticide residues, aflatoxin, sulfur dioxide, microbes, as well as identification (TLC/HPLC).
Product Specification for Gan Cao Extract Granules